I’m so happy that Spring is in the air, the trees are starting to blossom and the daffodils are in abundance plus its not bitterly cold and wet 🙂 It makes all the daily activities so much more enjoyable whether it be biking/scooting to school, dog walking or just enjoying that rare five minutes off with a magazine or newspaper in the garden! As the saying goes it definitely puts an extra spring in your step!
With that in mind I’ve picked my top 10 favourites below:
- With the half term about to start, one thing we all love is a visit to Kew Gardens and this is the perfect time of year. The boys are semi interested in the flowers but mainly they love the treetop walk, the indoor greenhouses (especially the aquarium in the basement) and they adore a good picnic … while I can admire all the gorgeous blossom and spring flowers. There is lots of room for running around and its super safe with a great playground too and should the weather turn my boys love the indoor play area and venus fly trap that you can climb into!
- I have recently discovered The Mae Deli set up by Deliciously Ella – its the best lunch pit-stop if you are around W1 (Seymour Place). Not only is it really healthy but everything is completely delicious – I highly recommend the spicy beans – an absolute must!
- I am always on the look out for fun ways to work out as well as fit them into my busy schedule – I am loving Paola’s body Barre classes – an amazing butt crunching workout to 80’s style music – it is super fun and gives you an instant bum lift!
- Quinoa salads – I stopped making these over the winter as I think I ate too much last summer! -You can virtually mix in any other ingredient to jazz it up like chopped peppers, edamame, chopped cucumber, chopped tomatoes or avocado’s – dress with a honey mustard vinaigrette (pack a bit of a punch) and it goes with virtually anything – chicken, fish, meat or on its own, I make a batch on Monday and keep adding ingredients as the week goes on!
- Made.com I just ordered some fantastic (and inexpensive) grey barstools for my boys for breakfast so they can sit up at the island and chat while I’m cooking / preparing meals – super smart, practical and a very good price! I also got some great occasional chairs for my spare room – keep it simple and the quality is great!
- Bardou volumising Shampoo – it took a lot of persuasion to get me to try this but I am super happy I did – I have been an Aveda fan for years as its so gentle and keeps my hair glossy and not weighed down but I was really impressed with Bardou volume – it gave my hair extra body and volume and I will be moving to this from now on!
- I love to do a big spring clean at this time of year and I did a massive wardrobe overhaul and decided to cull all the items of clothing I haven’t worn in the last year – I was recommended to sell on an app called Depop – its so easy to use and means I can put the money towards my wish list for this spring!
- I’ve got my eye on a few things at Donna Ida and top of my wish list for spring is the good times jumper by Bella Freud – I love an ivory jumper in spring with denim – perfect for daytime fun and chic too!
- Loving the Rag & Bone white skinny jeans and will definitely be getting a pair for spring – not a bad price compared to some of the jeans out there!
- I already have a few pairs of Thierry Lasry glasses but I shall be treating myself to one new pair this spring – I love the Chromaty shape and have them in navy so I’m going to buy a new addition in tortoise shell to add to my growing collection 🙂
Hope you all have a lovely spring and hope you enjoy the lovely change of season xx